Course Format: Offline
Course Duration: 12 weeks (Friday evenings and Saturdays)
Entry requirements: 5.5 IELTS or successful completion of Academic English I
Сost: 450 000 tenge per course
In this 120-hour course, intermediate English-level students will develop their language competencies in reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The course emphasizes language production in an academic context such as note-taking and summarizing academic articles. The course will include key academic skills important for university study or creating corporate proposals—searching for and evaluating sources, improved reading abilities, and practicing presentation skills. Students will also receive practical advice and help in preparation for taking a standardized English exam.
Course learning outcomes (CLOs):
By the end of the course, successful students will be able to:
1. Answer questions from general or specialized academic English texts.
2. Analyze new information and construct an argument in English.
3. Summarize (i.e., note-taking) and be able to orally answer questions on an academic article or brief lecture using their notes.
4. Conduct library research, analyze and evaluate sources, and properly use and cite references.
5. Give a presentation of a research idea with visual aids and answer questions pertaining to their topic.