This webpage contains brief information and links to IT services for students. We hope this information will be helpful to you!
For communication with faculty and other members of the NU Community you will need a corporate email – please visit https://mail.google.com/
and login using credentials sent to your personal email earlier. Check your personal mailbox periodically, there will be instructions on how to access your student mail account in the form firstname.lastname@example.org and your user credentials to other IT resources. From the moment you have access to your mail account, use it to contact the University services.
During the learning process, you will need access to the following information systems and resources:
- Corporate PCs – all domain computers of the University;
- https://moodle.nu.edu.kz – is a University electronic course management system (virtual learning environment). LMS Moodle is utilized by students and faculty in order to perform such tasks as an exchange of files, audio and video data,messaging, chat activities, forums, online quizzes and etc.; Pay special attention to Moodle, the entire learning process is closely related to Moodle. In the Moodle environment you will receive assignments and take homework, receive grades. This is one of the required resources that you must use for study. Moodle Instructions(link)
- https://registrar.nu.edu.kz – is an automated information system designed to automate the academic and internal processes of the University in terms of coordination, studying in the disciplines taught, registering all of their and academic disciplines throughout the training period;
- https://library.nu.edu.kz – provides access to the Nazarbayev University Library’s resources and services;
- https://my.nu.edu.kz – student portal;
- https://prs.nu.edu.kz – you can recover password using the Password Recovery Service.
Learn more here
on how to login to the NU information systems and services.Here
you can find answers to FAQs about the IT resources.
The first thing you need to know where to go if you have technical problems is helpdesk.
If you have any questions, you can contact the IT Help Desk via: +7 (7172) 70-62-00, email@example.comTips for secure online learning
Tips to fight Phishing Email Threats: *
- Have an antivirus with real time monitoring capability installed on all your devices that have Internet access. Perform regular full scans; scan every downloaded file.
- Computers work under a user account, not an admin. Use an admin role only when it is needed, such as software installation/removal.
- Do not browse through web sites with adult/untrustworthy content since they can contain malware. Avoid addresses that start with http://, instead look for https:// (secure ones)
- Do not download/install counterfeit software, it can have malware inside that not every antiviral package can detect.
- Do install patches and update all your software including Operating System, this will reduce vulnerabilities.
- Do guard your personal information. Do not share your passwords with anyone.
- Avoid strangers, check name and email address
- Don’t rush, be suspicious of emails marked “urgent”
- Notice mistakes in spelling and grammar
- Beware of generic greetings, “dear sir/ma’am”
- Don’t be lured by incredible “deals”
- Hover over the link before you click to ensure it has a secure URL (https://)
- Never give out personal or financial information based on an email request
- Don’t trust links or attachments in unsolicited emails
*Taken from https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security/phishing-program-infographic.pdf