It is your choice as to where you choose to sit the test. It must be a private location where you will be free from disruption. The room should be well lit and have walls and a closed door. Other people cannot be present while you are testing. The only exception to this is if you are under 18 you will need a legal guardian with you for the authorisation process at the beginning.
Please ensure the following:
- No one else can be in the room at the time you are taking the test.
- Your location and deskspace is clear of any items including any notes and books.
- This includes any personal items.
- Please ensure you do not have any unauthorised material inside the test room for example math formulas and/or vocabulary words visible. This also includes any personal information on the wall behind you.
- You must only have your blank rough paper and wood pencil on your desk.
- Your location and deskspace will be checked by the Proctor at the beginning of the test and during the test if required. This check is compulsory and may take a few minutes before your test starts. The Proctor will ask you to move your camera/laptop to provide a 360-degree view of your testing space.
You will not be able to access any personal items during the test. This includes the following:
- Watches including smart watches – there is a countdown timer on the screen
- Electronic devices including calculators and mobile phones/tablets
- Food (unless authorised for a medical reasoning e.g. diabetes)
- Hats, scarfs
- Handbags, purses, or wallets
Permitted exceptions are:
- Religious apparel– please be aware you maybe asked to show your ears to prove that you are not wearing any earphones
- Headwear worn for medical reasons
- Water in a clear plastic bottle with label removed